January 27, 2008

A Second Nibble of Nobu

Pin It

Tonight my friend Wendy was in town and needed company for dinner, so I joined her at Nobu even though I had already eaten a bit at home. I hadn't been back to Nobu for almost a year, so it ws interesting to give it another try.

We started with the rock shrimp ceviche, which was nice but came in a pretty large portion - we never managed to finish this.

Then came the sweet corn salad with scallops in yuzu dressing. The sweet, seared scallops worked well with the raw sweet corn sitting on a bed of frisee and hijiki. Best of all, the portion was rather generous considering the $90 price tag.

Wendy also ordered rock shrimp tempura, which was pretty delicious. The interesting thing was that the dish looked very Chinese, with a light batter topped with yuzu mayonnaise sprinkled with chives.

I was getting full at this stage, but there was still the black cod with miso - nice standard dish.

I still remember the yummy desserts from the last visit, so I had high expectations for the items we ordered. Wendy seemed to like the chocolate bento box, a baked chocolate fondant with liquid center and green tea ice cream on the side.

I had soy in four ways which came as mille-feuille, parfait, ice cream, foam and sprinkled with roasted soy beans. Unfortunately this did not send me over the top, and I was tempted to order the Suntory whisky foam afterwards...but decided to save it for the next visit.

Overall I found the meal pretty enjoyable. Going forward I should put Nobu back on my regular list of restaurants.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

TripAdvisor Travel Map